This is to announce the second edition of Mega-Whats, our National Open Quizzing Championship.
The quiz will be held across nine cities simultaneously. Apart from Bangalore, we have venue confirmations from Chennai, Hyderabad, Goa, Thrissur, Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi and Kolkata. More information on venues soon.
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2010
QMs: Kiran Vijayakumar and Arul Mani
1. General quiz, open to all.
2. Teams of FOUR members (or less).
3. Prior registration is essential.
4. To register, please email Mahaquizzer@gmail.com with Mega-Whats 2010 and the city you are competing from in the subject-header.
5. Please provide the names of the four people who comprise your team in the email–also indicate whether you are taking part in the school, college or open categories
6. Email registrations will close on Tuesday 7th December 2010. Centre coordinators will allow entries after the cut-off date at their discretion.
7. Please note that the quizzing community in your city may charge an entry fee to meet venue and equipment hire expenses.
8. The school category is open only to teams comprising students from Std. VIII-X .
9. School teams ( Std. VIII-X) are allowed free entry. A school may field ONE team.
10. Please report by 1430hrs at the venue in your city. Since we need to ensure a coordinated start nationwide, the quiz will start at 1500hrs sharp. The doors will be closed five minutes before we begin.
11. Contesting teams will answer in writing a quiz of six sections and about sixty questions, inclusive of audios, videos and visuals.
12. Answers and scores will be announced immediately after the event–prizes will be given out for Best School Team, Best College Team, and Best Open Team.
13. The prizes aren't small--they are insignificant.
14. We will rank the top 100 teams across the country–this list will go up by the 25th of December.
15. The rankings will be announced after adjudication. The decision of the quiz-masters will be final and binding on all participants.
16. The city-winners will face off in June 2011 as part of the KQA 28th Anniversary.
Who are the BCQC The Boat Club Quiz Club is a group of amateur quizzers who have been quizzing at the Boat Club Lawns, in the College of Engineering, Pune. Quizzing activities in form or another have been held here from as early as the early 90s and have become more pan-Pune as time has gone by. The quizzers in the club organise various quizzes and meet almost each weekend at the BC.
What to expect This is the BCQC's blog, so don't be too surprised to hear lots of news about BCQC events. These announcements are usually followed by opinionated reviews about various quizzes. We also like to talk a lot about the state of quizzing and analyse various quizzing paradigms.