Venue: MES Auditorium, Bal Shikshan Mandir, Pune
Set by: Ramanand, Salil Bijur, Yash Marathe
Conducted by: Ramanand
Theme: Indian Heritage
Quiz Final Results
Format: 20 qns in the prelims; Finals: 27 questions (2 rounds of 9 each in IR; 2 written rounds on stamps (4 qns) and geographical indications (5 qns))
1st: Orchid School (Shantanu, Ameya, Gaurav) (D) - 90
2nd: Sevasadan (Omkar, Onkar, Anumit) (A) - 65
3rd: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Sulochana Natu Vidya Mandir (Prajwal, Harish, Shiva) (B)- 60
4th: Dr. Kalmadi Shamrao (Rugved, Vishnu, Janhavi) (C) - 55
* Quiz was organised by the makers of the Heritage India magazine; the participants were from Pune schools in the age-group of 5th to 7th standards
* About 20-25 teams from about 8-10 schools participated
* Though tight at the beginning, Orchid pulled away from the rest in the second IR round and maintained their lead throughout
* As is always the case with school children, lots of enthusiastic kids, some of them very-well informed, and already showing the ability to guess and work-out. Only a handful of questions went unanswered, and not one was 'pass'-ed.
* Sevasadan topped the prelims with 16 out of 30. The cut-off was 14.
* Prizes sponsored by Heritage India, a local publisher (Saraswati Publishers, I think), and BCQC sponsored the 4th prize (because there was none).