Date: 26 Jan, 2007 (Friday)
Venue: Nehru Memorial Hall
Conducted by: Derek O'Brien
Open Quiz Final Results
1st: Anand Sivashankar, Meghashyam Shirodkar, Vibhendu Tiwari
2nd: Kunal Sawardekar, J. Ramanand, Shamanth Rao
3rd: Mitesh Agarwal + 2
4th: Aadisht Khanna, Amit Varma, Rishi Iyengar
Other finalists: SAP (Bangalore), NDA (Pune), B.V.Harishkumar+Srivatsa Subbanna+Gaurav Parab, Ashwan+Hanisha+Vikram Joshi
Best Corporate Teams
1st: Pinstorm (Mumbai), 2nd: SAP (Bangalore)
Best School Teams
1st: ?, 2nd: Muktangan, 3rd: St. Marys
Quizzer of the Year
Ramanand (Other finalists: Mitesh, Anand S, Rishi, NDA representative, and SAP representative)
Best Team Name "Vaanar Brothers" (Anand, Meghashyam, Vibhendu)
* Expectedly, most of the questions could be tagged by one of the following adjectives: irritating, entertaining but pointless, multiple-choice, mouth-hanging-low-at-audacity, tired, take-choice-from-a-set. There were a few nice ones, but you'd have to wait for them a while like for a PMT bus.
* Nice production values of course. Liked the idea of "this happened in 19xx" preceding every question. Audience was kept well-engaged.
* Given the over-abundance of prizes for audience and winners, it was a shame that the finalists who finished 4-8 got nothing for their efforts.
* A very silly way to run the "quizzer of the year" competition. (Don't mistake this for modesty.)
* Overall, nice beginning by Landmark in Pune. They may have slightly underestimated the turnout - many people who had come only to watch had to stand during the finals. Official teams count was about 240.
(this post is missing some details - kindly post in comments if known)