2nd march 2005 - Organised and set by Siddharth Natrajan
Winners: Srinivas Kulkarni & Abhijeet Erande (MESCOE)
2nd: Siddharth Dani & Anupam Akolkar (VIT)
3rd: Ganesh Hegde & Aniruddha Kasbekar (VIT)
4th: Kunal Thakar & Salil Bijur (VIT)
5th: Mihir Shah & Rahul Gokhale (SCOE)
6th: Abhishek Nagraj + 1 (COEP/PIET/whatever its called today)
- Although a Sci/Tech quiz, the QM managed to keep the audience entertained, including the non-engineering junta, which consisted exclusively of me.
- Audience participation in the quiz was amazing, especially by the non-engineering junta :-).
- Following hallowed COEP traditions, creative answers and those that defied the laws of physics were rewarded with bananas. The finalists took care to ensure that none were wasted.
- The audience were treated to a 10 minute monologue on turbocharging, supercharging and their ramifications on engine RPM, power, speed, the ozone layer and the national economy by one of the finalists. In an attempt to restore order and sanity to the proceedings, the QM awarded them their full 10 points.
- The questions were generally good, though some of them were suspiciously similar to Chakravyuh 2004 questions.