After his first Grand Slam victory, asked if he was 6"3' tall, his mother replied he was 6-3, 6-7, 7-6, 6-4. Name this Olympic champion.
Happy New Year, or like some of us like to call it, Happy Great Gregorian Calendar Convention Conspiracy.
A cold December saw subdued activity at the BC, but there are a couple of things to mention. Here goes.
1. IIT Bombay's Mood Indigo (20-23 Dec) Some of the BCQC College quizzers took part in several quizzes at Mood-I 2008. Most notably, they won both the General Quiz (Aditya Gadre & Suvajit Chakraborty) as well as the Sports Quiz (Aditya Gadre again, this time with Aniket Khasgiwale).
2. BC “Requiem for a Theme” Business Quiz Suvajit conducted the Business Theme quiz as part of "Requiem for a Theme". A tough elims and a somewhat undercooked final resulted from it. The next set of themes are likely to be on English music, History, and Geography, depending on availability of quizmasters.
3. BC Quizzes
BC quizzes were conducted by Suraj Menon, Yash Tamaskar, Aditya Gadre, with contributions from others.
Upcoming Quizzes in January
1. BC Infest 2009 – Jan 4th: Quizzes on Religion, Science and Philosophy (Ganesh Hegde), Comics and Cartoons (Yasho), and General (Aditya). Details here.
2. SIIB Clairvoyance 2009 – Jan 10-11th: As part of Ignisense 09, the Symbiosis Institute of International Business is organizing a business quiz for B-School students and to be conducted by Dhananjay Shettigar. Two member teams from the same college. See their website for details.
4. The next BCQC Open Quiz is likely to be held on the 1st of Feb. Please let us know if there are other quizzes/exams scheduled around that time.
* The next edition of the Pune Landmark Quiz is scheduled for the 21st of February. We’ll keep this post updated as details emerge.
* The Odyssey Quiz, one of the biggest open quizzes in India, was scheduled to be held on the 26th of Jan in Chennai. The event has been cancelled.
* The industrious Rohit Nair has a bigger list of upcoming quizzes from around India.
* If you are organizing a quiz and want to let people know about it, write into us ("contact"-at-"bcqc.org") with the salient details and we'll put it up on our website.
* We love to hear comments about quizzes, especially those that we do. Use the comments sections on our blog posts to do so, or write to us.
Happy third day of January to everyone!
Answer to Oblig Question: Boris Becker (after his 1st Wimbledon; he won the Olympic doubles gold with Michael Stich in 1992)